Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular choices in home flooring. Hardwood flooring is timeless and looks great in almost every room in your home. This option is so popular because hardwood flooring is beautiful and customizable. There are so many options for different types of wood and light or deep, rich stains. There are so many reasons why hardwood flooring is great. Let’s go through Floor De Lis’ top ten reasons why you should choose a hardwood floor.
- Hardwood flooring is timeless: Hardwood flooring has been around for hundreds of years. While other flooring trends come and go, hardwood flooring never goes out of style. Speaking on durability, yes hardwood floor ages over time. To many people, hardwood flooring gets more beautiful with age. Imagine the gorgeous hardwood floor in a 300 year old French Quarter home.
- Hardwood floor is extremely durable: Wood is a naturally durable surface. Think about how old and strong huge oak trees are. Some withstand hundreds of years of precipitation and wear and tear. There is no way that a toddler or a couple of dogs could do more damage to your hardwood floor than that. Also, woods like hickory are even more durable than other wood options.
- Longevity: Hardwood flooring lasts for literally hundreds of years. An easy and affordable way to ensure the longevity of your floors is to paint a maintenance coat every few years.
- Hardwood floor has so many choices: With hardwood flooring there are so many different wood types and stain options on top of those wood types. The panels can be cut into thin or thick boards, squares, or long planks. With that being said, the combinations are endless.
- Hardwood floor is easy to clean: Cleaning up is easy with an abundance of hardwood flooring cleaner on the market. The top coat (maintenance quote) makes the surface of the wood shiny, making it water-resistance.
- Hardwood flooring is an investment: Hardwood floors increase the value of your home. Other flooring types are pretty much disposable. By having hardwood floors, the next owner can simply sand and re-stain the wood to their liking.
- Hardwood flooring is green: By using wood flooring, less resources are being used. This is a sustainable option, being so durable and long lasting. Wood is a renewable resource and is completely natural.
- Hardwood flooring is safer: Options like carpet hold onto moisture, dust particles, and germs. There is not really a quick way to sanitize carpet everyday. With hardwood floors, it is super quick and easy to pass over them every day or every few days with cleaner and a steam mop killing all germs off of the surface.
- Hardwood floor isn’t a trend: Unlike the changing times, the love of the hardwood floor never changes. All of the furniture and decor in your rooms can change over the ages and the hardwood floor will match it all.
- You can always change hardwood flooring: Hardwood flooring can always be re-sanded for a clean canvas of whatever you would like to do next! From there you can choose a different stain color. You also can change the finish from matte to shiny. If you loved your original floors, you can always renew the maintenance coat for a new shine!
I hope that we have gotten you to love hardwood floors as much as we do! We offer so many options in hardwood flooring here at Floor De Lis. Please contact us today if you have any questions about any flooring at all. We are happy to help you!